WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 12:04

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 slow 

Post slow
First off, yes, I integrated all the proper sata drivers into my winstallation DVD. During the blue screen install, when it is copying files it is VERY slow. Most files take 3 seconds to copy, and there are thousands of files to copy. Other posts have claimed that it is a SATA driver issue. It may be, but not for lack of one. Oddly enough, it processes the SCSI drivers and SATA drivers VERY quickly, much quicker than it ever has from the DVD.

16 Nov 2009, 15:07
Report this post

Post Re: slow
Here I am, several hours later, my installation onto an Asus EeePC is only at 59%. I truly appreciate this product and would be willing to purchase(I don't see being able to work on netbooks without it) but the speed issue needs addressed. Even copying these files in Dos 6.22 without Smartdrv.exe loaded wouldn't be this slow.

16 Nov 2009, 18:33
Report this post
Support team

We are sorry, it's nothing we can do about it. It's computer BIOS / Windows setup bug, so we can't fix it in WinToFlash.

We will make the research about this phenomena, may be it will be able to find the problem. But now, please, wait...

16 Nov 2009, 20:34
Report this post
Profile WWW

Yes, I understand. It's now at 97%. But, since this machine refuses to boot to the USB DVD drive that I have(two of them actually), I have no choice but to wait. I do appreciate the product. Could you tell me what you do know about the bug? Other threads that I have found state the need to load the proper SATA driver.

16 Nov 2009, 21:08
Report this post
Support team

drivers + other file system (FAT16) can make you PC work faster.

16 Nov 2009, 21:36
Report this post
Profile WWW
I have the same problem.... installing Vista/7 is very fast, but XP is slow, toooo slow.... On the same usb drive i install Live Ubuntu and It ran Super Fast.... I dont belive that the motherboard only uses 1.0 speed.... I really find Wintoflash useful but not with XP.... even my Usb-DVD is faster than wintoflash on XP....

I really like to find a solution, if someone finds out please post it.

--sorry by my english, am from Mexico...

14 Jul 2010, 00:42
Report this post
Same problem, motherboard USB is 2.0 and WinXP is too slow installing...

14 Jul 2010, 10:21
Report this post

Hi. Same for me. Excellent product, great for emergency boot disk for knackered CD-ROM. Any progress with the XP problem? What SATA drivers could I Ioad? None probably if its XPsetup issue.

How can I tell how fast my USB key is? FAT32. It wont let me format with NTFS. Are certain brands of USB key just inherently faster than others?

I love XPpro over newer windows. So smooth, no pointless GUI upgrades. Just simple to max my hardware. I am willing to sacrifice install time for XP running!

Custom BIOS hack new code for USB transfer speed anyone? haha

23 Sep 2010, 21:40
Report this post
Support team

Sorry, we have no any solution. This is BIOS problem and we can't fix it now.

24 Sep 2010, 20:39
Report this post
Profile WWW

Post Re: WinToFlash very slow on XP
Support wrote:

No this is not a bios problem, I experimented for a while and after a few times I realized what the problem was.

To install Windows XP under the "Format" tab you must chose "Fat16 LBA" not "Fat32 LBA"

When I created a USB Flash Drive with "Fat16 LBA" the installation was very fast, it only took 16 min on one of my desktop.

This is a great program.

13 Oct 2010, 05:02
Report this post
Support team

Thank you for using WinToFlash

13 Oct 2010, 11:10
Report this post
Profile WWW

Thanks a ton Galton!!!! Worked BEATIFULLY FOR ME.... For those who are looking for the same fix you need to go to the "advanced tab" in wintoflash...

16 Oct 2010, 02:43
Report this post

fentastic buddy.... u r realy great it works fine n super fast... even support people can't do that, but did it .... super

01 Nov 2010, 09:41
Report this post

Post Re: WinToFlash very slow on XP
Galton wrote:
Support wrote:

No this is not a bios problem, I experimented for a while and after a few times I realized what the problem was.

To install Windows XP under the "Format" tab you must chose "Fat16 LBA" not "Fat32 LBA"

When I created a USB Flash Drive with "Fat16 LBA" the installation was very fast, it only took 16 min on one of my desktop.

This is a great program.

indeed. i have also eee pc 4g, 8 hours for 30 % now with "Fat16 LBA" 20% in 2 minutes

04 Mar 2011, 11:40
Report this post

That is correct and I have double check it. I think that the reason "FAT16 LBA" option works fast is because WinToFlash format the USB drive with FAT [up to 2GB] and the Windows XP Setup CD uses by default FAT based Disk Caching like the DOS SmartDrive. However, when using the "FAT32 LBA" WinToFlash format the USB drive with FAT32 [2GB and above], so other compatible Disk Caching should be used.

23 Apr 2011, 00:59
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next