WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Oct 2017, 04:05

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Installing OEM drivers 

Post Installing OEM drivers
I have been playihng with WinToFlash for a couple days now. Nice little tool.

I've been trying to get it to install my network, sound card, and display drives automatically as well. I've installed them in the folder F:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\i386\$OEM$\$1\Drivers, and added the line in the WINNT.SIF file [Unattended] OemPnPDriversPath = "Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_display;Drivers\004_sound". I've checked that these driver do install and produce the correct result. I'm stumped. I've searched the internet and followed a couple of the articles, which helped me solve some of my early mistakes, but I still can't get them to work. Can anyone give me any more details?

I have figured out a couple things along the way, that might be nice notes in the User's Manual. WinToFlash modifies the WINNT.SIF that I've created, to add the stuff to clean up and rename folders once it's all done.

[GuiRunOnce]
"SSA /BootINIGenerate /UnrenameFolders /PendingDelete"

[SetupParams]
UserExecute = "SSA /RenameFolders"

I've also found out that it changes the line that I had specified in my WINNT.SIF, in [Unattednded} from
UnattendMode = "FullUnattended"
to
UnattendMode = "DefaultHide"

Something else that I struggled with, but decided it was the best, was the formatting. I had to format to the FAT16 LBA to get it to work on my laptop. It was a hand-me-down from someone for helping her with her new laptop. Since I work on other people's computers from time to time, it's probably the best way to format the USB flash drive, so that it is more compatible with more systems. I'll format the remaining space on the flash drive as another drive, and put more installation utilities and programs on there as well.

19 Feb 2010, 22:53
Report this post

Post Re: Installing OEM drivers
Since my original posting, I burned my installation package to a CD and installed it. When it first started, the CD installation stopped at the partitioning screen to allow me to select the partition to install it in, like I was expecting it to. The USB installation did NOT stop at the screen, but attempted to install it in the next partition, but there was not another partition large enough to hold Windows, so I had to go back to the partitioning screen and either select the first partition and overwrite Windows, or delete the existing partition and reformat.

The CD installation did NOT result in the OEM drivers that I loaded being installed, so I must have some other problem as well.

20 Feb 2010, 03:31
Report this post

CANCEL THAT!

I was lead astray by several web sites that seem to indicate that the $OEM$ directory was UNDER the i386 directory, when in fact it has to be at the same level.

Problem is solved. No further action required or requested.

Thanks anyway.

20 Feb 2010, 14:21
Report this post
Support team

OK :)

Advice: 1st create working CD with nLite and after that transfer it to USB. WinToFlash will copy OEM folder to place it have to be. May be you will need to check winnt.sif.

22 Feb 2010, 10:05
Report this post
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]