WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 May 2017, 18:38

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll 

Post Re: Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll
I have a problem with the installation of Windows XP from USB. Previously I had Windows 7

After the first restart, an error message pops up hal.dll
My original boot.ini file looks like this:
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=30
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT = "1st, text mode setup (Boot from flash again after

finished)"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st

start of Windows" /fastdetect
C:\ = "---> DEBUG, in case of HAL.DLL or NTOSKRNL.EXE not found errors <---"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 4" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 1" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 4" /fastdetect

But I change it to:
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=30
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st

C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT = "1st, text mode setup (Boot from flash again after

finished)"

But that not help.
and so they look the partitions of my hard disk in the installer:

238473 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR]
C: Partition1 [NTFS] 115518 MB
D: Partition4 [NTFS] 20999 MB
E: Partition2 [NTFS] 89999 MB
Unpartitioned space 4294877297 MB
Unpartitioned space 89999 MB
F: Partition3 [NTFS] 11955 MB

And what is that huge unpartitioned space????
Anyway I always see that
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
<Windows root>\system32\hall.dll
Please re-instal a copy of the above file

Please help!!!

07 Jan 2013, 12:20
Report this post

Any support?
Some1 told me that i should format disc in BIOS, because it is the reason why I have problem with .dll library

08 Jan 2013, 01:40
Report this post
Ty everyone for informations!
I fixed this problem by deleting recovery partition on my hdd..
Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

02 Mar 2013, 09:57
Report this post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://bblising.blogspot.co.at/2011/10/wintoflash-missing-or-corrupt-haldll.html
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 Mar 2013, 00:42
Report this post
rahatadm wrote:
hi,

simple solution for missing or corrupt hal.dll

just delete invisible partition (recovery partition) which is for system restore purpose.And merge its space with c partition.

It will install and run windows xp normally.

thx a lot! just awesome! it worked for me after hours of editing ini files and doing other stuff. thanks again!

01 Aug 2013, 21:07
Report this post

my solution was to let go of the dual boot (installing winXP on diff. partition)
I just installed from USB, chose the main drive (windows 7), and formatted it,
now it's installing, no HAL.DLL errors, no BOOT.INI edits
we'll see the final result soon...

29 Nov 2013, 22:00
Report this post
with USB boot and and HDD :
This way in c:\boot.ini (not in usb) , it works !!! (partition 2 instead of 1 !!!)

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

05 Feb 2014, 16:58
Report this post

Spiike wrote:
The easiest way to fix this problem I found.

When installing windows XP or any software from the USB drive to a HD is after the files are finished copying I found that i kept getting a HAL.dll missing or corrupt.

So what I did was googled it and found a lot of stuff saying the boot.ini is not programmed right. so i tried editing and configuring the boot.ini file on the bootable USB drive to NO AVAIL. I think i misunderstood people. However the instructions to fix the problem was a little vague.

steps to fix.

1. plug the usb drive back into a computer in which you can get into windows and edit in notepad.

2. make a folder on the USB drive saying boot

3. copy the boot.ini from the c:\ drive on a working windows xp computer into a folder in which you can edit and configure your "new" boot.ini file.

4. open the boot.ini file in notepad

5. verify that everything is very basic and there is no secondary boot partitions for computers with multi bootable operating systems.

should look like this

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

changing the Windows Xp Pro to Home if u want.

6. okay copy the "edited" boot.ini file to your USB drive's folder named boot
example H:\boot\boot.ini (H: drive being your usb bootable drive)
make sure you don't overwrite, edit or misplace your drive c:\boot.ini file. as its nessessary to run the computer

7. plug the USB drive into the Netbook your repairing.

8. go to the first step and boot intot he windows installer but don't install windows. just repair it. then login to your windows partition

9. go to your flash drive probably drive d:
Type: D:
then cd boot
then copy boot.ini c:\
it will ask you to overwrite, confirm.
then type exit.

thats it. you now can continue your installation

registered specially to thank you !
WORKED !!

15 Oct 2014, 13:47
Report this post
So!
If your having problems with installing Windows XP while using WinToFlash, and keep coming up with the infamous "Missing Hal.dll" problem (At least in my instance), make sure you don't have any "Ghost In The Shell" partition(s) on the drive..

To ensure that you have only one primary partition on the drive: clean, create, and format using diskpart on Windows 7 operating systems.

If you run into this problem after the fact, as rahatadm has stated:

rahatadm wrote:
just delete invisible partition (recovery partition) which is for system restore purpose.And merge its space with c partition.

• Continue with STEP 1 (Basic Install)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • After setup brings you to default load up, press (R) Repair Console
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Type DISKPART and press enter
    MOST IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH PARTITION YOU WANT TO DELETE!
  • Delete the "Ghost Partition" (Usually this is is around 100mb, depending on how it's set up)
  • As soon as it displays "Un-partitioned space", type exit and continue with the STEP 2

Hope this helps, did for me.

-siifr

25 Dec 2014, 05:20
Report this post
if you found error hal.dll

atfer doing 1st n go to 2nd+1st you still error hal.dll

go back to boot your flash

try coice this one by one
sk

Topic review - Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll
siifr
Reply with quotePost Posted: 25 Dec 2014, 05:20
Re: Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll
So!
If your having problems with installing Windows XP while using WinToFlash, and keep coming up with the infamous "Missing Hal.dll" problem (At least in my instance), make sure you don't have any "Ghost In The Shell" partition(s) on the drive..

To ensure that you have only one primary partition on the drive: clean, create, and format using diskpart on Windows 7 operating systems.

If you run into this problem after the fact, as rahatadm has stated:

rahatadm wrote:

Continue with STEP 1 (Basic Install)
After setup brings you to default load up, press (R) Repair Console
Type DISKPART and press enter
MOST IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH PARTITION YOU WANT TO DELETE!
Delete the "Ghost Partition" (Usually this is is around 100mb, depending on how it's set up)
As soon as it displays "Un-partitioned space", type exit and continue with the STEP 2

Hope this helps, did for me.

-siifr

tolba2006
Reply with quotePost Posted: 15 Oct 2014, 13:47
Spiike wrote:
The easiest way to fix this problem I found.

When installing windows XP or any software from the USB drive to a HD is after the files are finished copying I found that i kept getting a HAL.dll missing or corrupt.

So what I did was googled it and found a lot of stuff saying the boot.ini is not programmed right. so i tried editing and configuring the boot.ini file on the bootable USB drive to NO AVAIL. I think i misunderstood people. However the instructions to fix the problem was a little vague.

steps to fix.

1. plug the usb drive back into a computer in which you can get into windows and edit in notepad.

2. make a folder on the USB drive saying boot

3. copy the boot.ini from the c:\ drive on a working windows xp computer into a folder in which you can edit and configure your "new" boot.ini file.

4. open the boot.ini file in notepad

5. verify that everything is very basic and there is no secondary boot partitions for computers with multi bootable operating systems.

should look like this

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

changing the Windows Xp Pro to Home if u want.

6. okay copy the "edited" boot.ini file to your USB drive's folder named boot
example H:\boot\boot.ini (H: drive being your usb bootable drive)
make sure you don't overwrite, edit or misplace your drive c:\boot.ini file. as its nessessary to run the computer

7. plug the USB drive into the Netbook your repairing.

8. go to the first step and boot intot he windows installer but don't install windows. just repair it. then login to your windows partition

9. go to your flash drive probably drive d:
Type: D:
then cd boot
then copy boot.ini c:\
it will ask you to overwrite, confirm.
then type exit.

thats it. you now can continue your installation

registered specially to thank you !
WORKED !!

ym_trainz
Reply with quotePost Posted: 05 Feb 2014, 16:58
with USB boot and and HDD :
This way in c:\boot.ini (not in usb) , it works !!! (partition 2 instead of 1 !!!)

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

OrionOne
Reply with quotePost Posted: 29 Nov 2013, 22:00
my solution was to let go of the dual boot (installing winXP on diff. partition)
I just installed from USB, chose the main drive (windows 7), and formatted it,
now it's installing, no HAL.DLL errors, no BOOT.INI edits
we'll see the final result soon...

Reply with quotePost Posted: 01 Aug 2013, 21:07
rahatadm wrote:
hi,

simple solution for missing or corrupt hal.dll

It will install and run windows xp normally.

thx a lot! just awesome! it worked for me after hours of editing ini files and doing other stuff. thanks again!

Yeeeesss!!!
Reply with quotePost Posted: 25 Mar 2013, 00:42
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://bblising.blogspot.co.at/2011/10/ ... aldll.html
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milosb793
Reply with quotePost Posted: 02 Mar 2013, 09:57
Ty everyone for informations!
I fixed this problem by deleting recovery partition on my hdd..
Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

jaro82
Reply with quotePost Posted: 08 Jan 2013, 01:40
Any support?
Some1 told me that i should format disc in BIOS, because it is the reason why I have problem with .dll library

jaro82
Reply with quotePost Posted: 07 Jan 2013, 12:20
I have a problem with the installation of Windows XP from USB. Previously I had Windows 7

After the first restart, an error message pops up hal.dll
My original boot.ini file looks like this:
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=30
[Operating Systems]

finished)"

C:\ = "---> DEBUG, in case of HAL.DLL or NTOSKRNL.EXE not found errors <---"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 4" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 1" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 4" /fastdetect

if you wrong coice the pc has been restart but try again until you find start splash screen windows

note : that not you hdd damage or fdd corrupt file, that just manually coice debug

good luck

20 Nov 2015, 08:05
Report this post

Here are the correct steps so you can fix it:

a. put the usb drive back into a computer in which you can get into windows and edit in notepad.
b. make a folder on the USB drive named boot.ini
c. copy the boot.ini from the c:\ drive on a working windows xp computer into a folder in which you can edit and configure your "new" boot.ini file.
d. open the boot.ini file also with notepad
e. check that everything is very basic and there is no secondary boot partitions for computers with multi bootable operating systems.
IF you need any support IT I can help you out.

31 Dec 2015, 15:30
Report this post
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4