WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Jun 2017, 14:16

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll 

Post Re: Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll
Hi guyz,

I hope that sum1 can tell me a solution on this.

I used two difference kind of flash drives. And the 1st part of the text installation goes well ok but when the system restarts and i go into the 2nd GUI installation, it tells me the hal.dll error. I've tried everything, I'm using a Tablet PC, and a 80GB hdd which is partitioned as 10GB c: and 70GB d:. The partition info for C: is 0 0 0 1. I've tried everything possible combination but nothing works.

I have couple of XP isoz and non of them work. I really don't know what's going on, i'm stuck, can sum1 shed sum light on it ?

One more thing, when i boot from the Flash and select DEBUG Options and hit Enter, i get and error below :
I/O Error accessing boot sector file multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)\bootsect.dos

NOTE : By the way one thing that u guyz might want 2 know. I'm formatting my Flash with a FAT16LBA. Is this right ?

Any info is highly appreciated.
Aj.

24 Apr 2010, 15:39
Report this post

Guys,

I don't know what's this, but i just managed to solve the problem. Ok herez wat i was doing before :

I had coupld of ISOz of XP, I was using MagicISO to mount the isoz to a virtual drive letter and then use WintoFlash to write the contents to the Flash drive. And this was not working.

The thing that worked for me was :

I had a XP installation CD and i used the content of that directly from the CD to write on my Flash and now it finished the 1st TXT part of the installation and then i rebooted the tablet, and went into the 2nd part of the installation, which is the GUI and it's working now, I'm on the GUI installation screen.

So does this mean ? That you should have the contents on a CD only ? for it to work ?
or
You cannot use a mounted virtual drive with the contents from a iso ?

Please sum1 shed sum light.
Aj.

24 Apr 2010, 16:22
Report this post

as i understand now it work )

25 Apr 2010, 09:08
Report this post

SmartMan wrote:
as i understand now it work )

Yes But I'm still confused, Is it that it needs files from a CD/DVD to work ? Extracted files from a ISO won't work ? Or files extracted from an ISO which was created using nLite wont work ?

Aj.

25 Apr 2010, 17:20
Report this post
Support team

May be your motherboard support USB-CDROM emulation for USB. This mean you can start any CD you want from USB

25 Apr 2010, 17:54
Report this post
Profile WWW

Support wrote:
May be your motherboard support USB-CDROM emulation for USB. This mean you can start any CD you want from USB

Hi, Please note that i've said in my post that i can only complete all the steps only if i burn a flash drive from the files off a WinXP Installation CD and not from files extracted from an ISO.

I what so ever have no problems with booting in the first place. Please have a look at my post again.

Thanks,
Aj.

25 Apr 2010, 19:31
Report this post

intresting u know how is this works )

01 May 2010, 09:04
Report this post

The easiest way to fix this problem I found.

When installing windows XP or any software from the USB drive to a HD is after the files are finished copying I found that i kept getting a HAL.dll missing or corrupt.

So what I did was googled it and found a lot of stuff saying the boot.ini is not programmed right. so i tried editing and configuring the boot.ini file on the bootable USB drive to NO AVAIL. I think i misunderstood people. However the instructions to fix the problem was a little vague.

steps to fix.

1. plug the usb drive back into a computer in which you can get into windows and edit in notepad.

2. make a folder on the USB drive saying boot

3. copy the boot.ini from the c:\ drive on a working windows xp computer into a folder in which you can edit and configure your "new" boot.ini file.

4. open the boot.ini file in notepad

5. verify that everything is very basic and there is no secondary boot partitions for computers with multi bootable operating systems.

should look like this

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

changing the Windows Xp Pro to Home if u want.

6. okay copy the "edited" boot.ini file to your USB drive's folder named boot
example H:\boot\boot.ini (H: drive being your usb bootable drive)
make sure you don't overwrite, edit or misplace your drive c:\boot.ini file. as its nessessary to run the computer

7. plug the USB drive into the Netbook your repairing.

8. go to the first step and boot intot he windows installer but don't install windows. just repair it. then login to your windows partition

9. go to your flash drive probably drive d:
Type: D:
then cd boot
then copy boot.ini c:\
it will ask you to overwrite, confirm.
then type exit.

thats it. you now can continue your installation

18 May 2010, 03:24
Report this post
Support team

Thank you for solution

23 May 2010, 15:59
Report this post
Profile WWW

Spiike wrote:
The easiest way to fix this problem I found.

When installing windows XP or any software from the USB drive to a HD is after the files are finished copying I found that i kept getting a HAL.dll missing or corrupt.

So what I did was googled it and found a lot of stuff saying the boot.ini is not programmed right. so i tried editing and configuring the boot.ini file on the bootable USB drive to NO AVAIL. I think i misunderstood people. However the instructions to fix the problem was a little vague.

steps to fix.

1. plug the usb drive back into a computer in which you can get into windows and edit in notepad.

2. make a folder on the USB drive saying boot

3. copy the boot.ini from the c:\ drive on a working windows xp computer into a folder in which you can edit and configure your "new" boot.ini file.

4. open the boot.ini file in notepad

5. verify that everything is very basic and there is no secondary boot partitions for computers with multi bootable operating systems.

should look like this

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

changing the Windows Xp Pro to Home if u want.

6. okay copy the "edited" boot.ini file to your USB drive's folder named boot
example H:\boot\boot.ini (H: drive being your usb bootable drive)
make sure you don't overwrite, edit or misplace your drive c:\boot.ini file. as its nessessary to run the computer

7. plug the USB drive into the Netbook your repairing.

8. go to the first step and boot intot he windows installer but don't install windows. just repair it. then login to your windows partition

9. go to your flash drive probably drive d:
Type: D:
then cd boot
then copy boot.ini c:\
it will ask you to overwrite, confirm.
then type exit.

thats it. you now can continue your installation

Problem----i had install the window, but everytime i need my USB flash drive only can startup the window, can i use this methode to slove it also???

24 May 2010, 09:12
Report this post
Thanks a lot.Works fine on Lenovo x100e.ppl using WINTOFLASH created Windows ISO also have a similar analogy during installation.

09 Sep 2010, 05:05
Report this post

can any help me with this

after i placed my windows xp on my flash via wintoflash ..

error : windows cannt start because the folllowing file is missing or corrupt: <windows root>\system32\hal.dll.

it apears soon i try to boot from my flash ...

tried to edit boot.ini on my flash .. no successful. my notebook HDD is only C:\

09 Nov 2010, 12:09
Report this post

need your technical help :( sorry for my english

i used 2 netbooks laptop:

first laptop is hp mini 1000, originally installed was windows xp, i used the wintoflash to install the win 7 without any problem and completed the installation. Now my problem is putting now it back to windows xp, i create win xp installer using wintoflash, when i tried to boot it up on start up.. my error always shows "hal.dll" error. I tried making another bootable wxin xp, still it shows. I even try to change usb drive, no avail, stiil the same problem. :( but when i tried the win 7 installer, no problem in booting and installation.. what seems the problem? :(

second laptop is asus 1000p, originally installed is win 7 starter, i want to downgrade also it to win xp, but no avail.. when i tried to click or choose the number 2 choice in the boot up screen, it turn to black screen and hangs.. So another option is to choose number 3 with debug hal.dll, it shows i/0 error bootsect. :(

it seems when the unit now runs with windows 7 you cannot downgrade it to win xp (as far as my experience).

hope someone could me advice to eliminate this problem..

thanks, regards to all

11 Nov 2010, 05:48
Report this post
Support team

First of all try to fix boot problems with this help: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=366

11 Nov 2010, 08:57
Report this post
Profile WWW

Since the last post is from over a month ago and I am in need of quick help, well, obviously this is an act of desperation. I am having no end of problems with this hal.dll. And if I ignore it (as a couple of folks here on these forums recommend) and boot from "windows default" or go down the list until I find the "right" disk/partition combination, well then I end up w/ only more error messages once the Windows Xp os APPEARS to be up and running--like the "no disk"/"Exception Processing Message . . . Parameters . . ." error that pops up w/ just about any little system settings related click or tweak, driver install, etc.

I've also tried several of the boot.ini changes recommended here for that "magic" matching combination of disk/partition. AND once I get the os running and go to the my computer settings to change that boot file to match in disk/partition numbers I used earlier, well, then the sys. won't boot at all next start up, and I have to try All over again.

In sum, I've tried EVERYTHING recommended in these forums related to the hal.dll error, and NOTHING is working to get this win. xp os working as it should. (And other programs like Flashboot are even more useless than this WintoFlash one.) Please help. I am currently under the utterly scrutinizing, dubious (verging upon wrathful) eyes of my wife, b/c this system (a dell mini 1012) that I wiped and now cannot bring back to full life is hers, and she needs it up & running now! Please help--I am so lost in this.

02 Jan 2011, 18:52
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next