WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 02:37

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll 

Post Re: Missing or Corrupt: hal.dll
itsluy wrote:
Lastly, you'll need to edit the windows boot.ini file after the install goes through (if you didn't edit the boot INI before phase 1 of the install).

To do so right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Advanced and in the startup and recovery section click settings.

In the startup and recovery window click edit, and then make the same change you made in the boot.ini of your thumb drive.

Windows should now boot on it's own without the thumb drive.

Luy
http://www.itsupportguys.com

Life saver! thank you.

05 Mar 2011, 07:57
Report this post

hi,

simple solution for missing or corrupt hal.dll

just delete invisible partition (recovery partition) which is for system restore purpose.And merge its space with c partition.

It will install and run windows xp normally.

19 Mar 2011, 12:51
Report this post

Thanks Luy that got me into the second boot. The drive does have a utility partition but didn't ship with a recovery partition. Hence the USB windows load. It's one of the first Dell mini 10 (i think... anyways...) netbooks. I'll make sure to make that change in the boot.ini on the hard drive once it's booted the first time. Well I had some time (39 minutes?) so I figured I'd register and say thanks.

-Joey in Texas

20 Mar 2011, 12:36
Report this post
thank you itsluy. . .bcause of you my problem in hal.dll was solve...and my netbook now is ok... :D

26 Aug 2011, 07:27
Report this post
I had this problem with a dell inspiron mini, and found out it was the recovery partion doing this, so i edited as it said in this post, and ended up with a unbootable pen, so i went further into the install of windows, and delete all partitions carfull not to delete the partion on the USB DRIVE, made a new partition with the full ammount of space and created a new disc using wintoflash, then resumed the install using the correct option, this seemed to work for me, and you can always use 3rd party software after install to partition your drive if nessesary, i've concluded the recovery partition is useless if your using wintoflash anyway, so i think your safe to delete it

MSG to the delelopers, fantastic bit of software guys, will highly reccomend keep up the good work

13 Sep 2011, 14:48
Report this post
Here's my solution, you'll be really surprised....

http://bblising.blogspot.com/2011/10/wi ... aldll.html

01 Oct 2011, 14:56
Report this post

When you install Windows XP or any software from the USB drive HD files, I found that I get a HAL.DLL missing or corrupted, complete copy.

02 Nov 2011, 00:40
Report this post
itsluy wrote:
Iwas having the exact same issue, based on the explanation above I changed the following line in boot.ini:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st start of Windows" /fastdetect

To:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st start of Windows" /fastdetect

This worked for me.

22 Nov 2011, 19:02
Report this post
Hi there,
this might be kinda late, but I think the solution to these is as simple as boot the USB again using the 2nd line:
"2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st start of Windows"
It will automatically continue the install process, and also you will have to boot the USB again on the third time using that same 2nd line GUI mode as well when you see that same error again so that it will complete the install process.
Hope this helps... G'Luck ! :)

29 Nov 2011, 07:50
Report this post

the easiest way is to set your computer first boot to USB drive from bios, and it's done

08 Dec 2011, 14:09
Report this post
tanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx alot :X:X:X:X

16 Dec 2011, 18:18
Report this post
I just went through this issue. In the end it was easily resolved simply by deleting the partition that I had Linux on. Leaving my drive with only 1 partition. Worked like a charm, after many hours of trials.

10 May 2012, 12:16
Report this post

Support wrote:
Don't worry, open boot.ini file on USB drive and find text:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

You need to edit part rdisk(0)partition(1) - change rdisk = number of your HDD, partition = number of partition.

For example - configuration 0 1 (default) is for HDD #1 Partition #1,
configuration 0 2 is for HDD #1 Partition #2,
configuration 1 1 is for HDD #2 Partition #1, etc.

May be you have brand PC with recovery partition, so set to 0 2 and try again.

Thank you so much for this information!

After installing xp, several versions (yes, I do have a bunch of licenses if that's a matter) on my Acer Aspire One Z5G, always ending up in the "missing hal.dll"-thingy... I finally found the answer here.

Although, after booting up with the only option of using the usb-flash-stick (after "complete" install), I did check the flash-drives boot.ini and found the line that worked as boot for me. Then I edited the boot.ini on my C: drive (or which drive xp is installed to) and after a fast calculation in my head I came to the conclusion that the "0 - 2"-version (of the above text) should work for me and VOILA! (I did forget that my linux-installation had grabbed the first partition, that's why the "0 - 2"-option)I unplugged the flashdrive before restarting windows in case something needed to be saved after this editing and when booting up again I FINALLY got my windows-install available, bootable and running steady as hell and most important:

No HAL.DLL error
No need for flashdrive

Thank you very much indeed!

Regards

The Swedish indian / Cherokee

11 Sep 2012, 08:12
Report this post
In our case, dell insprion mini 1210, formatting the (4GB no brand) USB as FAT32-chs and disabling the last process step, check the usb drive for errors got us out of trouble. The issue at first was also that the usb stick was the C:\ and the hdd was D:, and xp installer crapped on testing the usb drive.....

25 Oct 2012, 21:31
Report this post
thanks for this wonderful thread, hal.dll had been giving me a real hard time when one of the tweaks given here :

"Don't worry, open boot.ini file on USB drive and find text:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

You need to edit part rdisk(0)partition(1) - change rdisk = number of your HDD, partition = number of partition.

For example - configuration 0 1 (default) is for HDD #1 Partition #1,
configuration 0 2 is for HDD #1 Partition #2,
configuration 1 1 is for HDD #2 Partition #1, etc.

May be you have brand PC with recovery partition, so set to 0 2 and try again."

helped me right on time.

Thanks a lot Cherokee...:)

03 Jan 2013, 16:26
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next