WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Jun 2018, 03:58

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 WinXP installing from USB is SLOOOWWW???? 

Post WinXP installing from USB is SLOOOWWW????
I have finally been able to put my Windows install disks onto a USB thanks to WinToFlash, however I've run into a small issue. After extracting WinXP Pro OEM onto a flash drive, I booted from it and started the install process to verify everything was functional. I started the install using vmware, but it was EXTREMLEY slow when it got to the point of copying files to the HDD. I then stopped the process and used a spare laptop I had to run the install on, I encountered the same problem.....and just to let you know how slow it is...... It sat there for about ten minutes before it got to 1%, and maybe another 7min went by before it got to 2%. I put in my original CD and it flew through the install compared to the USB stick, so I am a bit puzzled by this. Just so everyone knows I tried a couple different USB sticks and had the same problem with each, I am using multiple Sandisk Cruzers 16gb & 32gb.

I will say I have gotten the Win 7 RTM 11 in 1 successfully installed onto a flash drive and it works great....it goes through the install super fast! However, I did not get the same success from the Windows Vista RTM disk, I recieved an error about the source files because it has two seperate folders under the sources folder..... sources\x86 and sources\x64. I tried manually pointing the source files directory to sources\x86 and at first all looked promising, but when It finished copying the files I tried booting from the USB and it started loading the files like normal, but then I got a popup that said...
Quote:
Windows PE cannot start because the actual SYSTEMROOT directory (X:\windows) is different from the configured one (X:\$Windows.~BT\Windows). This can be configured with the peimg/targetpath command. Please consult the documentation for more details.

Press the OK button or close this message to reboot.

I didn't choose the WinPE option when I transfered the files to my USB so I dont know what the deal is here???? Any ideas on my issues????

30 Jul 2010, 21:38
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]