WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 04:05

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 How to detect laptop HDD after I have erased? 
Post How to detect laptop HDD after I have erased?
Hi,

I have erased two partitions on my laptop HDD by WinToFlash (using my desktop PC with Windows 7) and I want to transfer Windows setup files on one of them (let's call it D:\). But. now my PC (desktop) can not find my laptop HDD when I connect it through 2.5 USB interface. My plan is to copy windows XP setup files on drive D, insert back to my laptop, make bootable USB and then run Windows XP setup through command propmt.

What shall I do?

Please help.

Many thanks.

11 Jan 2012, 19:14
Report this post

Post Re: How to detect laptop HDD after I have erased?
Are you getting any error messages like "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"?

12 Jan 2012, 05:19
Report this post
No, I have not inserted it so far back into laptop. Just connecting to my desktop using 2.5 USB interface and when I open My Desktop I can see my local HDD partitions only. I have Windows 7 running on machine.

I'm thinking as my PC does not find it, inserting back will make no sense as it would not find it too. May be I'm wrong.

Now I'm looking for any solution to make laptop HDD recognizable again by my PC, so to write Win XP setup files on it and then insert back to laptop and run setup through command prompt (with the help of bootable USB).

12 Jan 2012, 18:45
Report this post

This might be the problem with a Toshiba hard drive. I once used a hdd (extra) and connect it to my PC but it's not working. I think this might be a compatibility issue.

06 May 2012, 09:22
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]