WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 01:51

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ACER ASPIRECannot boot on XP prof sp3 after usb installation 
Post Re: ACER ASPIRECannot boot on XP prof sp3 after usb installa
Hi everybody, I decided to post because for 3 days i've been trying every solutions to boot and i'm stuck in the "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem..." issue.
I can boot using my usb key containing the boot.ini created by wintoflash. It also works perfectly if I create a "classic" boot.ini file on my usb key.
BUT when i try to boot on my harddrive it does not work at all.
I tried to use the tutorial with the windows recovery and the fixmbr thing
I tried to copy the boot.ini,ntdetect,ntldr from my usb drive to c:, replacing the original files but nothing work.
I'm on the IDE mode

I really tried everything before posting so please please help me

16 Jun 2012, 13:24
Report this post
Now the problem is everytime i wannna startup my window, i have to put in my usb drive and boot from it...
(i had change the BIOS first boot from HDD)

25 Dec 2012, 08:28
Report this post
I installed win xp using win2flash on an acer aspire one. After i tried to start windows after the instalation was complete this is what i got:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information. "

I then booted from the USB I installed the OS from and Windows started. I then tried to install the recovery console using the instructions from here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654.
What the installer did is that it deleted all my instalation files from my USB drive and then said that he can't find sertain files (of course not when he deleted them).

What should I do??
PLS help!

04 Jan 2013, 22:40
Report this post
I forgot to say that I also tried running recovery console using the "text setup" as written above but after the installer said "Setup is starting Windows" it immediately jumped to choosing the partition skipping the menu where I can choose to enter the recovery console.

I ran out of ideas.
SOS!

04 Jan 2013, 22:49
Report this post
openbvehu wrote:
I forgot to say that I also tried running recovery console using the "text setup" as written here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=366, but after the installer said "Setup is starting Windows" it immediately jumped to choosing the partition skipping the menu where I can choose to enter the recovery console.

I ran out of ideas.
SOS!

04 Jan 2013, 22:52
Report this post
I have the same problem as Isochre. I can boot into Windows XP (64-bit) from the USB stick using Option #2 but it refuses to boot from the hard disk. The debug option gives an I/O error and carrying out fixmbr; fixboot c:; bootcfg /rebuild etc. has not helped.

I'm a fairly experienced WinToFlash user and have even written how-to guides for this software on my PC help website.

I've formatted the USB disk using NTFS, FAT32 and FAT16 options, re-installing Windows each time, but this did not help. I even bought a new USB key (and re-installed Windows again) to see if that helps but it didn't.

Really out of ideas.

As I said, Option #2 works via the USB stick, so I copied the boot.ini details from USB stick to hard disk and although I can see that the PC is reading the boot.ini file from the C: drive, it just won't work. I get either of the following messages:

1. Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem

2. Cannot find ntoskrnl.exe

Any ideas??

Thanks

28 Jun 2013, 12:04
Report this post
Support team

If you can copy boot.ini to HDD you also need to change string inside the file.

Write there multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS instead of multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS. When you boot from HDD don't insert USB drive in the port! When you see Windows Setup is booting - insert is and enjoy ;)

28 Jun 2013, 14:13
Report this post
Profile WWW
I really didn't expect that to work as I had played around with the disk and partition numbers in the boot.ini before but it fixed it first go. Thank you!!

29 Jun 2013, 11:09
Report this post
Just to add a bit more detail in case it helps anyone else...

What I changed previously was:

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS

to:

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

But that didn't work.

However what did work was changing this line:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st start of Windows" /FASTDETECT

to:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP" /FASTDETECT

I suspect it's the /FASTDETECT that sorted it?

29 Jun 2013, 11:13
Report this post
I have the same problem, cannot boot xp pro sp3 after usb installation. But i can boot it from my usb, so i don't want to plug it every time.
I tried bootcfg stuff, not worked for me. and i realized that i install windows to my e: disk, it means second partition. d is usb, c is 100mbstuff (my partitions little bit different :) )
when i plug usb, hdd becomes rdisk 1, and debug rdisk1partition2 is working in that way.
if i plug out usb, hdd becomes rdisk 0, and error comes out.
To solve this I started windows from usb, and go to my computer>properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery>Settings>System startup>edit
and i changed all of the rdisk to 0 and all of the partition to 2. Now it won't ask me which windows you want to start(there is just one windows on pc) and no need for plugging usb.
I just struggled for 3 hours to solve this, just wanna share.

23 Apr 2014, 19:00
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2