WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 04:35

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 WINTOFLASH ERASED ALL OF THE DATA ON THE ENTIRE HARD DISK 
Post WINTOFLASH ERASED ALL OF THE DATA ON THE ENTIRE HARD DISK
THIS THE SECOND TIME THAT I FACED A SITUATION LIKE THIS.WHILE CREATING A BOOTABLE WIN 7 USB MY ENTIRE HD INCLUDING THE PARTITIONING GOT WIPED OFF.I LOST 500 GB OF DATA.MY FRIENDS ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS,MY PROJECT REPORT,MY MUSIC ALL GOT WIPED WITHIN SECONDS.

30 May 2012, 18:16
Report this post
Post Re: WINTOFLASH ERASED ALL OF THE DATA ON THE ENTIRE HARD DIS
:oops: Was creating a bootable usb disk and forgot to select the destination drive. It selected my drive D automatically and crashed my hard disk drive. i lost everything including the hard disk. Cant it be done in a way to ask you for source and destination drive before you continue? or better still live the blank for you to select the source and destination drive. The software is cool but very dangerous.

07 Jun 2012, 22:03
Report this post
Post Re: WINTOFLASH ERASED ALL OF THE DATA ON THE ENTIRE HARD DIS
Good Question, though I must say, you have to back up our data regardless of formatting. When you deal with a formatting task, you have to back up your data PRIOR of installing any software that can format your HD.

19 Jun 2012, 14:20
Report this post
Post Re: pistoluser
Whenever something like that happens there are some things you should know.

- most of the times the data is recoverable. test some recovery software to see wich one is more reliable..

- don't use anymore that drive/partition. The more data gets writen to it, the more you will overwrite the data that was "lost" (take the HDD out and plug it in another PC as a slave but if the data that was lost, was not on the system drive then there's no real need to move the HDD to another PC)

- from what I know, when you delete a file or format a drive, what gets deleted/formatted is the "File Allocation Table" wich points to where the files are/were located on the disk. This is why file recovery utilities work..

05 Aug 2012, 00:49
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]