WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 20:28

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Can I do a Win Xp Home Sp3 Repair with a bootable USB 
Post Can I do a Win Xp Home Sp3 Repair with a bootable USB
Hello,

My Sony VGN-A790 10 year old laptop with 3 year old hard drive, crashed due to a virus or power outage. I am stuck in a reboot loop, that I can't stop even with going into F8. I have tried, safe mode safe mode with command line, last best known, and disable auto restart on system failure.

When I choose to disable the auto restart, and then choose safe mode, I get a black screen with many lines of white text.
If I let the screen sit for about 15 minutes, I see the flash of what I believe is a bsod screen, but can't read it, because it goes directly into the reboot after the flash of the above screen.

I have the cd/dvd drive set to boot first, from the bios. I tried a disc I made years ago, but have never used, and although it plays it gets hung up on the screen where it says can't access EULA end user license agreement. I tried purchasing a disc from ebay, that I believed was a retail copy of windows xp sp3, but later found out it was called a DSP generic OEM, and was previously told to only use a retail copy. It would not play farther than the press any key to boot from cd screen. I did copy the disc files onto a windows 7 laptop that I have temporarily borrowed from a friend.

My laptops windows xp os is registered and I have my key.
My goal is to do a repair, and keep my software settings, extensions, & plug-ins, and files in tact. But without a working dis xp home sp3 disc, I am unsure how to do this, since nothing seems to get me into safemode, or allows me to read what I think is the bsod. I do have a bootable usb drive, but have seen no info on how to do a repair with one. Again I have the files from the DSP OEM hologram windows xp sp3 disc, but it's not retail so since it wouldn't play I'm not sure if those files can be put on a usb to help my situation.

Thank you kindly for any help!

04 Oct 2014, 08:41
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]