WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Apr 2018, 20:07

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Restoring the USB stick 

Post Restoring the USB stick
First of all, great program! Just installed Win 7 to my new Notebook through your program and a USB stick, works great! Now I want to restore the USB stick to it's original state. I know very little about computers, and I don't know if there's anything else I need to do except delete all the files on the stick for it to be "normal" again. Is there? I know that the WinToFlash changes the settings somehow to the stick when it works its magic, but do I need to change anything for it to work normally again? Is it just deleting the files?

Thanks in advance!

06 Jan 2011, 14:00
Report this post
Post Re: Restoring the USB stick
Yes, I want to know the same thing. How do I take off the write protection on the USB that was turned into a bootable usb?
I've tried all sorts of options, nothing works.

08 Feb 2012, 21:34
Report this post
Right click on "My Computer," or "Computer," pick "Manage," pick "Disk Management" and you can delete the partitions there and create new ones.

10 Feb 2012, 03:20
Report this post
Please read what the previous post says before replying. The disk is WRITE PROTECTED so you can't delete the volume inside disk management.

The USB has no physical lock. I've tried adding a key in the registry to change the USB policy but it didn't do anything. I've tried formatting the disk using WinToFlash and that says it completes but it's actually done nothing. (still write protected, files still on the drive)
I've tried changing rights with the attrib command, I've tried formatting it on a WinXP machine, I've tried going into safe mode to format it or change permissions. None of it has worked.

Any more ideas?

14 Feb 2012, 21:18
Report this post

Maybe you can setting by contol panel>>disc management

Any idea?

15 Feb 2012, 02:52
Report this post
As I already said twice :roll: , the USB is write protected somehow so you can't format it, change drive letters or remove volumes in Disk Management.

15 Feb 2012, 09:55
Report this post
Anybody? Surely restoring the USB is something that people need to be able to do?

12 Mar 2012, 18:41
Report this post
To restore my USB stick to it's original state all I did was use the control panel>disc management and format. The USB stick that I am using is a Lexar 8GB High Speed. I'm not very compute savvy myself, but perhaps different brands of USB react differently to the wintoflash formatting?

29 May 2012, 00:58
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]