WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 30 Jul 2021, 20:12

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Multiboot function for WinToFlash? 

Post Multiboot function for WinToFlash?
Is it possible to use the application to setup a multboot usb flashdrive

for example, using one 16GB key have multiple Win OS's (XP,VISTA,W7) on the one flashdrive?

If not, could there be development in the future?

28 Aug 2009, 17:45
Report this post
Support team

Post Re: Multiboot function for WinToFlash?
No, now WinToFlash can't do this.

For this you need 3rd party boot loader, but WinToFlash use Microsoft Windows boot loader.

Yes, we will try to develop this, but I don't know when.

This is the way I think to do this now without 3rd party boot manager: Transfer Windows XP PE to your flash drive, copy software for drive management (partition magic?) to flash, copy Windows XP/2003/Vista/7 setup programs to flash. To start Windows installation to new PC boot from flash, crate partition, format it, and launch setup program of Windows you want to install on this PC.

I don't know, will it work or not, if you have free time please test and write us.

28 Aug 2009, 18:25
Report this post
Profile WWW

you cantry the combination with wintofax and easyboot. can the wintoflash author try?

17 Sep 2009, 10:19
Report this post

If it was possible to put multiple OS on a single drive it would be a IT Tech's dream come true. Or at least my dream come ture.

18 Sep 2009, 18:22
Report this post

As I understand WinToFlash is app for Microsoft-like Windows installation. It don't make modification except Windows REALLY needs. It don't change home page, install new software, add shortcuts to desktop, setting time zones...

WinSetupFromUSB and usb_prep8 (usb_multiboot10) makes it other way - they using 3rd party boot loaders, windows modification... i don't trust them. I don't want some guy says me what I want!

But WinToFlash don't support multiboot. You know, it's not big price for onetime clear Windows installation. And if you are IT guy you know how to do this and you don't need any soft.

19 Sep 2009, 10:04
Report this post

I use the usb multipass from Hak5. I forgot how to go it though. I think you had to copy the bootmgr file from a Vista install onto the flash and then setup GRUB to boot from there. I really don't remember though.

30 Sep 2009, 02:24
Report this post
Profile YIM
Hey guys,
if you want to know more click here

07 Feb 2019, 13:29
Report this post
want to change chrome password and you fail to do so,
here are the guidelines that gives you clear steps to fix this

07 Feb 2019, 13:32
Report this post
Thanks for post, really usefull

31 May 2021, 18:13
Report this post
Hello there, I decided to try my hand at company and began with the most important aspect of the twenty-first century - IT development! But here's the issue: in business, I literally know nothing, so I started learning everything. My salvation came in the form of a fascinating software outsourcing ukraine assignment. They promptly assisted me in comprehending all of the complexities of this issue, learning how to cut costs, and, most significantly, locating clever personnel for my company. This website left a lasting impression on me! I strongly recommended!

31 May 2021, 18:15
Report this post
your article is awesome always follow your blog and found the most interesting topics I also start a blog on purity test quiz

03 Jun 2021, 19:01
Report this post
For me, this is the necessary function. Technology is very exciting and makes many things easier and more efficient. For example, now I'm preparing a presentation, and templates greatly simplify my life in this matter. I found this source https://masterbundles.com/downloads/star-wars-powerpoint-templates/ with PowerPoint Templates, and thanks to this I can prepare better and faster. It's great that there are so many resources for help can find on the Internet.

6 minutes ago
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]