WinToFlash [The Bootable USB Creator]

Novicorp WinToFlash Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Jun 2021, 10:16

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Sea Creature Sees Without Eyes 
Post Sea Creature Sees Without Eyes

A relative of starfish does not have eyes, but can still see. That information comes from scientists who studied sea creatures in the coral reefs of the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico.

The researchers reported this superslot wallet month that the starfish relative -- called the red brittle star -- is only the second creature known to be able to see without having eyes. This ability is called extraocular vision.

The other creature said to have extraocular vision is a kind of sea urchin.

Brittle stars, with five arms extending from a central disk, are part of a group of marine life called echinoderms. They have a nervous system but no brain.

The red brittle star measures up to about 35 centimeters wide, from the end of one arm to the other. It lives in bright and complex environments. Because of the possibility of being eaten by fish, the creature hides during daylight hours.

The red brittle star possesses extraocular vision as a result of light-sensing cells, called photoreceptors. These photoreceptors cover its body and chromatophores, the cells responsible for pigment or coloring.

During daytime, the chromatophores narrow the field of light being detected, making each photoreceptor like the pixel of a computer image. When combined with other pixels, the image becomes complete.

The visual system does not work at night, when the chromatophores contract in size.

Laboratory experiments suggested that the brittle stars have very simple vision. Placed in a circular environment, for example, they moved toward walls that were white with a black bar, suggestive of a daytime hiding place.

Lauren Sumner-Rooney is a research fellow at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History. She led the study, which appeared in the publication Current Biology.

“If our conclusions about the chromatophores are correct, this is a beautiful example of innovation in evolution,” she said.

Sumner-Rooney added, “It’s such an alien concept for us, as very visually driven animals, to conceive of how an animal might see its habitat without eyes, but now we know of two examples.”

04 Jun 2021, 05:39
Report this post
Post shzzz
I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site Alarmsysteem

06 Jun 2021, 14:33
Report this post
Post shzz
Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. Reiki

06 Jun 2021, 14:38
Report this post
Post shz
You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. Reiki Limburg

06 Jun 2021, 14:58
Report this post
Post shzz
As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted Alarmsystemen

06 Jun 2021, 15:11
Report this post
Post shzz
First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. Elektrostimulatie

06 Jun 2021, 15:14
Report this post
Post shzz
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Inbraakbeveiliging

06 Jun 2021, 15:18
Report this post
Post shzz
Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success. Zonnepanelen

06 Jun 2021, 15:22
Report this post
Post shzz
This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. Alarminstallateurs

06 Jun 2021, 15:25
Report this post
Post shzz
As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted Reiki

06 Jun 2021, 15:28
Report this post
Post shzz
Wow what a Great Information about World Day its exceptionally pleasant educational post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. Alarmsystemen woning

06 Jun 2021, 15:31
Report this post
Post shzz
You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. Alarminstallaties

06 Jun 2021, 15:32
Report this post
Post shzz
wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Spierversteviging

06 Jun 2021, 15:33
Report this post
Post shzz
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Afvallen

06 Jun 2021, 15:35
Report this post
Post shzz
As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted Alarmsystemen huis

06 Jun 2021, 15:36
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]